Music Banter - View Single Post - Mgmt
Thread: Mgmt
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
Brad Stengel
This Space for Rent

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dp View Post
see, I can't trust anyone who says anyone blows live now, because I saw the Shiny Toy Guns in concert and everyone I went with and I thought they were amazing. but some dumb couple behind us leaving was saying how awful it was. like I said, most people's opinion of music is garbage, so I wouldn't even believe a statement like "these guys blow live" anymore. Same with The Black Keys. They were amazing in concert. But then again I see most of these acts in DC where people are for the most part more intelligent about music than other places (said idiot was not from DC), so maybe that explains it. And most of what you hear from a band isn't live anyway. I think one day, someone is going to tell me the NY Dolls suck live and my head is going to explode, but only after I choke them to death (the dolls are amazing live).

True, but MGMT didnt even sound anything like they do on record. They somehow managed to sound like a really bad aimless jam version of sonic youth. I didnt even recognize 'Time to Pretend' or 'Electric Feel'. This was over a year ago though, they may have gotten better. But believe me when I say, they were completely different live. In a bad way.