Music Banter - View Single Post - Britney Spears
Thread: Britney Spears
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #109 (permalink)
guitargirl_93
Proud Donnaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't want to sound like the Crocker guy but, c'mon, give her a break already. I still think her music is horrible, but I think it's unfair the way she's been treated, and how people try to justify it, which I'm sure some idiot will attempt to do in response to this.

Britney is one of those celebrities who were prepped for stardom since childhood, it's not her fault that we'll make a celebrity out of someone more for their appearance than weither or not they have talent. And why do people hate Britney so much? It can't just be the music, because theres way worse pop out there, believe me.

It's because she's rich and famous and people don't believe she earned it, fair enough. But were people being this mean to her when she first got popular? Hell no, because everyone was too busy fapping to her to care. But then, she gets older, a little fatter, and when do we decide it's time to character assassinate her?

When she finally starts resembling a real human being. We don't like our celebs to resemble real people, when that happens, we go into full attack mode. We have self loathing issues, and we want our celebs to be what we're not, when we find out they're just like us, we criticize them for it.

It's an endless cycle among female child stars. The Olsen Twins, Lindsey Lohan and eventually Hannah Montana. Its easy to understand why, their fanbase consists of kids and pedophiles who will obviously tire of them once they get older.

The fact that these girls get popular for little more than their looks, then they get scruntinized once they reach adulthood really says more about us then it does them.
I agree, except, I love her music. It is SOOO catchy. Britney Spears was my first CD. But I like a lot of music....