Music Banter - View Single Post - What band or artiste has influenced your life most?
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 04:03 AM   #70 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrawker07 View Post
i don't see why so many people hate slipknot so much. their new album blows big time but their first 2 were pretty good. their last one started to go a little too mainstream for me but still not too bad. mind you, it's pretty hard to defend a band after putting out all hope is gone. i don't even want to get started on that album. joey jordison is still one of my favorite drummers.
most of the slipknot hate is image related and has absolutely nothing to do with the music at all.

i'm no fan of the band, but IOWA was in many ways a good piece of work particularly in the rhythmic department. Also, their singer is one of the best, most diverse screamers i've ever heard.

but yeah. the blanket hate that slipknot receive is unrelated to the album music, which most people who talk bad of them have never even listened to so much as a second of.

but then, slipknot's image is so repulsively detestable and abhorrent and their fanbase is so unbelievably sad-a$s that it almost justifies hating the band and their music...just 'cause.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote