Music Banter - View Single Post - Manic Street Preachers
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 04:44 AM   #37 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molecules View Post
the Holy Bible ****ed me up, properly. Probably. And people are going to hate me but I like 'Lifeblood'.
Bump.

I love The Manic Street Preachers. I love The Manic Street Preachers so much that I can never completely discredit anything they have ever done, as much as some of it most certainly deserves just that. The Manic's have been making very dull music for many, many years now. This Is My Truth is a hopelessly bland record, Know Your Enemy is an average record with a handful of decent tracks on it and I'm not a big fan of Everything Must Go either to be honest. However I too quite like Lifeblood. It's not the kind of music I want to hear from The Manics but for what it is, it's a very decent record. I also think their last one was alright, a major improvement but a couple of awful songs.

The Holy Bible is their peak, and I think It's an absolute masterpiece. You say it ****ed you up, I can actually understand that. The lyrics paint some really sickeningly dark images. I think from a songwriters point of view The Holy Bible is a real success. It's Richeys record (Nicky has said roughly 70-80% of the lyrics on this record were Richeys) and it's beautifully written but also how James actually managed to write music around those lyrics I have no idea, it is essentially poetry- hence the majority of those lyrics being barely audible. It's a good job he can sing fast.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote