Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson
Thread: Michael Jackson
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 08:10 AM   #279 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjscarousal View Post
Very True.

One of the people in charge of developing Sonic the Hedgehog 3 revealed in a interview that at one point Michael Jackson composed the music to Sonic 3Jackson wrote music for the game, however the same guy stated that Jackson’s music had to be replaced, at great cost. The reason behind
Jackson’s replacement was because MJ was in a full sex scandal when the game was in development. Sega panicked and didn’t want the scandal to have negative effects on their game. You see some of Jackson’s tracks and cord progressions made it into the game which you have already stated. The mini-boss song has actual voice samples from Jackson.

They might have lied about the music being replaced, theres too many similarities with Jacksons music throughout the game, and you're right, I forgot to bring up the samples, some of them were very obviously taken from Jackson songs, theres a voice sample from Jam that's clearly used in the game.

I don't think any of Jacksons music was used in Sonic & Knuckles though, which was meant to be the second half of Sonic 3 but was released as a seperate game due to time constraints, but I think some of Jacksons session musicians worked on that game's soundtrack as well, since Jackson was probably gonna do the music for it too, apparrently there actually are some scraped songs that Jackson wrote that can be found in the game through a code.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote