Music Banter - View Single Post - FaSho's Terrible Writing Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
FaSho
____

Default FaSho's Terrible Writing Corner

Okay so in class, we have to right a daily journal everyday. My teacher tells a semi-famous quote, and we have to write a scenario based on that quote, then we share our writing. All my classmates say I'm a really good writer but i disagree, and i wanted to see what you guys think. If I get some posi feedback I'll post them daily, but first i'd like to post some older yet still recent ones.

November 12th, 2008
"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby."
-Langston Hughes

"No." she said to herself as she attempted to finish her painting. "It can't rain now, I was so close." Her brush flies like a jet plane at unheard of speeds. Yes,her brush was a plane and she was the pilot. It was her first flight, but she'd clocked in endless hours of practice, mastering the turns and manuevers needed for a succesfel flight, but she'd never been prepared for a crash like this. The rain pounds down on her like a hammer nailing her into the boards of depression. Why couldn't she finish just one painting? Her masterpiece had become nothing by then, what took her hours was destroyed as quickly as she became confident she would finish. she violently curses the rain, hating the wet demons falling upon her. but then she imagined her children at home, probably playing in the puddles and having the time of their lives. So she began to thank the rain, because at least it was making someone happy.

I know it is terrible, so don't be afraid to tell me.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote