Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite Painters/Artists.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
For me there's just as much appeal in subverting aesthetic standards as in perfecting them. Dali is great because he does both, but I have much love for Duchamp as well. It's also worth pointing out that some conceptual art is really really funny or a complete mindfuck. I saw one conceptual art piece that had a bunch of rats in a 3D transparent maze--each wall of the maze had a tv facing the rats showing them the maze set up and themselves. Then outside the set-up there was a guy banging something with a baseball bat. The pointlessness becomes the point and life is implicated. Maybe conceptual art is only worthwhile on LSD. Whatever. I think the liberation of art is wonderful.

Well that one looks really cool, who is that?

The thing with a lot of modern art, especially concept art and pop art, is that it's not meant to be aesthetically pleasing, it just has some kind of statement, and if that statement is lost on you, the art becomes completely worthless. I find most of the statements in modern art to be painfully obvious or it dosen't make any kind of sense whatsoever. Most of all it dosen't require any skill of any kind, just an idea.

"Hey let's take a photograpth of Marilyn Monroe and invert the colors"

"Brilliant"

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote