Music Banter - View Single Post - Bands you LOVE to HATE!
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #429 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I have never heard this. Sounds intriguing.
Oh man you of all people would love it. I'm not sure if you know the concept behind it or not but basically Dave Grohl wrote a bunch of metal and hardcore songs each sort of in the style of different bands that he's a fan of and then got the singer from each band to sing on their song. Grohl plays all the instruments on the album with a couple notable exceptions like Lemmy playing bass on the song he sings on. It's a great album and a real treat for people who are pretty familiar with 80s metal and hardcore. And the album cover was even designed by the guy from Voivod who did all their album covers.

Here's the list of who's on it:

Quote:
  1. "Centuries of Sin" with Cronos (Venom)
  2. "Red War" with Max Cavalera (Soulfly, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Nailbomb)
  3. "Shake Your Blood" with Lemmy (Motörhead, Hawkwind)
  4. "Access Babylon" with Mike Dean (C.O.C.) and Bubba Dupree (of Void) on guitar
  5. "Silent Spring" with Kurt Brecht (D.R.I.)
  6. "Ice Cold Man" with Lee Dorrian from (Cathedral, Napalm Death, Teeth of Lions Rule the Divine) and Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  7. "The Emerald Law" with Wino (Saint Vitus, The Obsessed, Spirit Caravan, Place of Skulls, The Hidden Hand)
  8. "Big Sky" with Tom G. Warrior (Apollyon Sun, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost) and Erol Unala (Apollyon Sun, Celtic Frost)
  9. "Dictatorsaurus" with Snake (Voivod)
  10. "My Tortured Soul" with Eric Wagner (Trouble)
  11. "Sweet Dreams" with King Diamond (King Diamond, Mercyful Fate)
  12. "I Am The Warlock" with Jack Black (Tenacious D) (hidden track, 8:56-12:08)