Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #92 (permalink)
Halfa
Allman Brothers Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Ichigo becomes a real badass once he achieves bankai and gains his hollow powers though.

I love the way the characters progress throughout the show and are always improving. The main characters are powerful, but they're not ridiculously overpowered like DBZ characers, and the show actually has character development, the cast is big yet the manga and anime both take their time exploring every character, giving their backstory. My favorite characters have to be Rukia, Kenpachi, Ikkaku, Urahara and Ishida, but there's a lot of great characters in the show IMO, though it's easy to be annoyed by the likes of Kon and Keigo.

And theres no whole episodes of just powering up bullsh*t either.

One thing about the show that's hard to get over is the fact that no one important ever dies, which gets in the way of suspense, then again, a spirit would have to be pretty f*cking hard to kill.

i think i just got over the way the anime was done. i kept on reading the manga for a while but it just seems to have gotten totally pointless

and yea there was none of the powering up bullsh*t, but the manga for dbz kicked MAJOR ass. powering up took a max of a 1 page spread. maybe 2 pages if he so decided to make a really awesome picture

Watch your step.
Halfa is offline   Reply With Quote