Music Banter - View Single Post - What band or artiste has influenced your life most?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #74 (permalink)
Dr. Yellow Black
Level 12 Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I am not a fan at all (not because of what they are seen to represent BTW) but I do think that 'Spit It Out' is a phenomenal track. Very successful Metal bands that have a predominantly young teen audience are frowned upon by an older generation who just were'nt a part of that. Not all of course but some bands get a bad wrap because of this. Many people who grew up on Slipknot may well diversify and be into less mainstream music now that they are older and that can only be a good thing.
I saw them at Mayhem with DragonForce and Disturbed, and their fanbase is so...bad. I can't exactly explain it, but the vast majority of people there shop at Hot Topic for everything, drink till they puke on their shirts, and mosh like complete a-holes. The performance was good, but the whole crowd experience was horrible.

Setting that aside, my most influential person is actually Weird Al. Yeah I know....I heard like every song when I was in 4th grade then started listening to the bands he parodied. He is very talented.

Call of Duty is a disgrace.
Dr. Yellow Black is offline   Reply With Quote