Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality and the Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #161 (permalink)
The Unfan
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleidoscope.. View Post
Jesus's law was love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 14:26
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
Jesus orders you to hate your family because if you don't you can't be his disciple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Jesus says to slay your enemies.

Quote:
Read the bible and understand it before saying that God says people should be put to death. Because God would certainly never do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus 20:10-11
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death. And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
Orly? God clearly orders the death of adulterers.

As for sexism in the bible, its also clearly there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Timother 2:11-14
Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Wives are property. The husband owns her according to the bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.
A virgin is only worth 50 shekels, women are to be bought!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuteronomy 22:28-29
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silvers, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.
As I hope you can see, the bible is clearly sexist.

God is the most horrible, vile, and repugnant character in any work of fiction. I can not concieve of how anyone can possibly be worse, and if you believe that something so wretched is so great you are a fool. Christianity, and its followers, are a threat to modern society and deserve no respect imo.
The Unfan is offline   Reply With Quote