Music Banter - View Single Post - Stop scratching the back of my guitar!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 06:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

I think both are equally possible. If you look at emmanuels or willies guitars, they're actually in immaculate player condition. The fretboards are clean the action is good and the frets aren't worn down at all, they're nicely crowned.

Emmanuels guitar gets beat up because of his playing style. Willie's too, but neither of them are actually in bad condition. In fact, they're in very good states of repair as regards everything but the wear on the finish. They care for their guitars, or at least their tech's do. Much better than the local prettyboy guitarist who's rich parents bought him an RR1 for christmas and a Mesa Halfstack, who plays it badly for years upon years without learning a damn thing about it.

Those kinds of people piss me off. They're so enamoured with image that they keep their guitars in absolutely pristine condition, but the care only extends to the finish! I've seen people play guitars that look absolutely factory new on the body, but you look at the fretboard and not only is there inger gunk all over it from years without a clean or an oil, but the frets all have flat tops and the aaction is either too high or WAY too low (For those tin eared bastards who just lower it without actually listening to the insane amounts of buzz.)

I'd rather have my guitar look like it was found in a dumpester, but play beautifully, than have it subjected to any of that ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote