Music Banter - View Single Post - The BCS
Thread: The BCS
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
To consider OOC they acturally have to win a legit game. I proved Pac-10 plays hard within their weak conference. The second they leave their conference they get owned. The only reason USC is 11-1 is because they play in a fruity conference.
Yeh, and Ohio State is a legit game.

Quote:
Pac 10 is 1-15 in OOC games outside of USC 3-0 with 2 of those wins vs JUNK teams Viginia 5-7 and ND 6-6. Doesn't hurt Ohio St has been rolled almost every BCS game since they robbed miami on a phantom call.
Yet again, what they did last season doesn't matter. If you want to bring up ****ty calls, what about Vince Young's pitch back while kneeling down? How is Virginia a junk team? Stop being a bitch about Ohio State, you clearly have no rational argument for them not being a legit game.

Quote:
And somehow you feel you can justify all those loses because they are bcs teams and close games. How many close calls do you want? Missing the interception by 1 inch, or losing on the last play of the game and by a missed tackle. How about the fact Texas didnt have their #1 Defensive player, or their #1 WR on their only lost. If your rationale is the Pac 10 played close hard games then Texas should be #1 in your book.
You're m
Well yeh, The Pac-10 played the toughest OOC in the country, and were competitive in most of the games. I've admitted that they're down this year and I never said USC had been more impressive than Texas...Ultimately they still have 4 very solid teams that could all very well be ranked in the final polls.

@dac: Yes it is, it was essentially an incredibly unlucky weekend with bad matchups and a few magical upsets. Not excusing it, but it's not as bad as you would have it.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote