Music Banter - View Single Post - The BCS
Thread: The BCS
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 09:43 PM   #66 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
I would love to see USC vs Ohio St again this year. Boeckman I never liked and atleast with pryor if the play completely breaks down he can run. Such luxury wasnt there with Boeckman. Also not having their #1 player in Wells really hurt their chances.
Did you watch the game? Complete domination in every facet of the game, USC dominated the line of scrimmage, don't tell me one RB would have changed the outcome.

Quote:
All I'm trying to say is, there are 2 Catogories this year, Alabama, Florida, oklahoma and texas and then the rest of the league.
Florida hasn't beaten any more good teams than USC. Neither has the Tide. Hell, neither has Oklahoma/Texas. Ultimately you're just speculating, nobody has anyway of knowing who's better. I don't claim to know either, I'm just pointing out that USC has proved itself again and again this year and in previous years, they're easily one of the 2 most talented teams in the country, they have more wins over good teams than Bama and the same amount as Texas and Florida. Only Oklahoma has more.

Quote:
Whats funny about this is I'm not really an SEC or Big 12 guy, they just seem to be the best conference this year. If I had it my way I'd be talking about the ACC. None of the ACC teams want to show up, I went to BC vs Georgia tech and by stats Gtech killed them, but if you acturally watched the game BC dominated except for a few blown plays. My all time favorite team is Miami who I saw play Virgina Tech the game before their national championship with ohio st. Since then I've loved miami, its too bad they are on year 6 of rebuilding. Then you have brandon tate which for some reason has gotten no love this year. Hes as good as Percy Harvin or Tedd Ginn jr from a couple of years ago.
I think Miami has more SO/FR starters than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I agree with you though. Texas, Oklahoma, Florida and Alabama are in a league of their own. USC is in that second tier with teams like Texas Tech and Penn State. They just haven't shown me anything to make me think they're as good as the top 4.
and Bama has? By doing what, beating Georgia?
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote