Music Banter - View Single Post - Is it dying?
Thread: Is it dying?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 08:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
I was reading in one of the music mags I subscribe to that rock radio is loosing its market. It mentioned that a station interpol was going to do an interview with got replaced by a rap station. It was a comment on how small bands weren't able to get the publicity anymore and asked (of course) if rock and roll is dying.

Frankly I don't give a rats ass if a Philidelphia radio is tanking cause all the stations here are doing just fine. But I think its dying for another reason, and thats because posturing and doing crazy inflections mid song are becoming the basis for getting a record deal in indie land. I forget her name but some actress just started a band (I wanna say juliett lewis) whoever she is shes backed by "the Licks."

Aside from the crossmarketing BS, she does all the moves of the Hives and the Yeah Yeah Yeah's and frankly thats why I think we're about to be hit by a deluge of ****ty bands that posture rather than rock.

As far as not getting exposure goes, iPod commercials and the O.C. provide a large enough source of the masses to get small bands out there. As far as radio goes, radio sucked anyway, and I think rock does better for itself when its not accepted widely and bands have to actually be good to get deals. So god bless crappy rock radio dying out.
Not dying, just diversifying !!!!!
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote