Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality and the Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 03:06 AM   #164 (permalink)
kelton
Groupie

So I'm not big on church. In fact I really dislike church. And honestly it really hurts me to see someone who calls themselves a Christian and then shows hate onto others for believing different things no matter what it is.

I am a christian and here is what I have come to realize:
Jesus Christ is the son of God and died on the cross to save us from sin.
You should love everyone in exactly the same way He loves you and that is for exactly who you were, are, and who you will be.
I do not see it as being a set of rules that you have to adhere by or you are going to hell end of story. Yes people do things are probably immorally wrong and that you do not agree with. Yet you need to accept them for who they are and try your hardest to love them with all your heart.

I go to a Baptist college right now where we have chapel twice a week and its mandatory. I have set there many a times and listened to closed minded people preach to these kids who are mostly closed minded home school kids who have grown up in the church and basically been brain washed by there parents and the people of the church. And it really sickens me. When "Christians" set there and point out people who have sinned for things like homosexuality, alcoholism, and things along that line and yet they welcome people into their church who have been divorced. I am pretty sure Jesus had a hole hell of a lot more to say about that than homosexuality. If you want to know of someone who is down to earth and to me at least has things figured out check out a guy named Shane Claiborne. He has tons of videos on youtube. And even if you aren't a Christian and hate religion I think that you can set there and listen to him and be like "Hey, I may not agree with some of the things this guys says about Jesus, but he is at least living a selfless life and making a difference in this world." If more Christians like him then I dont think this world would have so much of problem with Christianity.

Last edited by kelton; 12-13-2008 at 03:26 AM.
kelton is offline   Reply With Quote