Music Banter - View Single Post - The BCS
Thread: The BCS
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
For me bama went undefeated in the regular season and completely destroyed Georiga. I am not saying Georgia is a great team, but everything around that game said Alabama was going to get crushed. Also Nick Saban is a proven winner in college football so you have to assume a team that goes from sub-par to being one of the best in the SEC is legit.
Bull****, double standards.

Quote:
With this said florida has beaten someone impressive, alabama. Doesn't hurt to have 2 SEC victories over 2x 7-5 teams and an OOC victory over an 8-4 team. Florida has at its helm a heisman winner and experience winning in the national championship game. If nothing else you have to respect his experience and record that reflects it.
USC has more victories over bowl teams, yet again double standards.

Quote:
On the other hand you has Mark Sanchez's 2800 yards, 30 tds and 10 ints. Purely from a stat standpoint hes really letting down USC. You had lienart his final year throwing for 3800 yards,28 tds with 8 picks. The yards suggest sanchez is a "manager" of the game rather then a QB. His highest yards in a game was 322, followed by a steep drop off of 269 to a bad UCLA team.
Er, why does USC have to be a high octane offensive team. They're extremely balanced, they don't need him to put up huge numbers.

Quote:
The reason why I mention the low yards is because if you can stop the run and gain a 1-2 td lead I dont believe sanchez can bring you back. Its what happened in the Oregon St game. A team like texas and Oklahoma has huge defensive players that I believe would shut down the run and force Sanchez too win, Which I have yet to see any signs hes can.
USC has arguably the best line in CFB, I don't see any defense shutting down the run against them.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote