Music Banter - View Single Post - Morality and the Bible
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #176 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
It's a deeply disturbing thought that the only thing that stops people from murdering and raping is an old book filled with fairy-tales
As somebody else has already said, I dont follow the bible at all, im very much an atheist, yet to my knowledge i havent murdered or raped anybody. Though this isnt true for all cultures, rational, sane human beings know from being a product of the society they grow up in (and by that i mean day to day interaction with other human beings) that rape and murder is wrong.

Christianity is, ultimately, a set of moral ideals constructed by educated men from the inspiration of a schizophrenic who believed he heard voices from an ethereal being. Some people choose to follow this, in my opinion (note that) because they lack the confidence to tackle the true nature of life, that of human beings being driven by desire and passion. Christianity, through its moral codes, seeks to extirpate these completely natural desires and passions of which they see as a threat to social order. Through promises of heaven and eternal happiness, people are encouraged live their life by these codes or face eternal damnation. I personally find it absurd that, in an age of scientific totality, human beings, these supposedly highly intelligent creatures, can still be coerced with such fairytales... but thats just me.
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote