Music Banter - View Single Post - Johnny Truant
Thread: Johnny Truant
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gareth Brown
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
This is becoming a waste of my time. You havent even listened to half the bands i've listed, whilst half the bands you have heard you agree are generic anyway? And all you can say is im talking out of my arse.

The fact is the bands ive noted all utilize beatdowns, blast beats, distorted riffs, dual lead and interludes. Beatdowns, blast beats and interludes in particular are an effective live tool for getting the kids going. Gang vocals are another thing that the bands ive noted tend to rinse. Architects are perhaps THE archtypal metalcore band, theres nothing different about them whatsoever. Their music is text book generic metalcore.

As for the hardcore/metalcore differentiation you seem to be making with a couple of the bands ive listed, of course im not saying theyre exactly the same (though they are by nature very closely related), youre misunderstanding what im saying, which is that they share many generic, formulaic conventions which i have listed already. Your Demise for one regularly tour with the likes of BMTH, Architects etc for christ sake, line ups that are known for just being a beatdown fest.

And sorry but that ending sentence of yours is utter bullsh2t.

Im done with this.
The bands you listed you claimed sounded eaxtly like Johhny Truant and most of them don't. Simple as. The fact is metalcore is no more or less generic than most other genres out there.
Gareth Brown is offline   Reply With Quote