Music Banter - View Single Post - The 5th Annual Musicbanter Awards 2008
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 04:10 AM   #105 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Alright, I haven't been here long - only for a month or so - or even less, but I'll give this a shot. I won't have nominations for every category, though.

Poster of the Year: Jackhammer. He's an active man and I see his posts everywhere. A combination of his charming personae and his more lasting contributions like his Pink Floyd thread makes him my nomination for poster of the year.

Best New Poster (Registered in 2008): Comus, his review corner thread was the first thread I read when I came here and just the kind of stuff I was hoping to find.

Davey Moore and his various review threads, for example on Beatles/Zombies/Godspeed/Nick Drake albums should make him a top contender for this category. For me - I already have and know almost all of the albums he mentions, so it's a bit old news. If it wasn't for that, he would definetly be the best new poster - and I find it weird that he has so little mention in this thread. The reason, I guess, is that he doesn't post so much outside the review forums.

Most Underrated Poster of the Year: Demonoid, his space rock thread only reached two pages, but I got a hold of some new stuff because of it and it was all good. Thanks man!

Best Avatar of the Year: Mine. Guybrush beats all.

Best Contributor of the Year: Davey Moore

Worst Contributor of the Year: Hello, how are you? -- Just a troll who hasn't been banned yet (I think), but get more of those and I they quickly change communities like this for the worse.

Favorite Moderator of the Year: Jackhammer

Biggest Fanboy (list artist next to name): dac, I'm a casual enjoyer of Radiohead but the fanboyism on these forums is giving me negative associations these days.

I came to Music Banter because I wanted to read about music and find more tips as to what I should get. I'm a bit of a collector always looking for new stuff, so I tend to appreciate the members who write album reviews. The way I see it, they and their threads are the real treasures of MusicBanter and while a funny thread on Obama may lose it's appeal after a little while, many of these threads are relatively timeless in their value when compared.

I think someone (a mod f.ex) should really make it easier to find album reviews .. Like making and maintaining an index-thread for reviews.

Last edited by Guybrush; 12-15-2008 at 04:15 AM.