Music Banter - View Single Post - Hallelujah
Thread: Hallelujah
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Default Hallelujah

This week I find myself interested in the singles chart for the first time since I was about 12. For those who arent aware, or for those who are outside of the UK the Leonard Cohen song 'Hallelujah' was chosen last week for this years X Factor finalists winners song. The X Factor is the standard God awful reality tv show we get every year, much like American Idol and pretty much guarantee's a Christmas #1 regardless of what song is chosen or who it is that wins it. However due to the winners song chosen this year there are now three versions of it in the top 40. The widweek charts place Alexandra Burke at #1 but Jeff Buckley at #3 and even Leonard Cohen at #34. I cant help but be slightly perplexed at having Leonard Cohen and Jeff Buckley in the Christmas chart, even if 90% of the rest of it is utter **** as always.

Surely this has never happened before? Has anyone heard this chicks version of this song? If i close my eyes I can almost hear Mariah Carey having a go at it she belts it out so loud. It sends shivers down my spine, and certainly not in a good way!
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote