Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeitLegit View Post
I'm fairly new here and my musical tastes are surprisingly unique. I like hair metal. There I said it. I love Poison and Crue and all that stuff.

I'd put it up against emo and pop and anything else anyday. It's the people HERE that just roll their eyes. My guitarists can really really play. The drummers can play and the singers get waaay up there. The musicianship is so good that I believe people roll their eyes out of "I can't do that" rather than scoffing.

Hair metal is just as valid as anything else. Hey, at least I enjoy my music rather than always trying to get something out of it. I'll sing along to songs about booze and cars and babes. You people can moan along to your inner turmoil or whatever the hell else you want.
Hair metal is what dominated the radio until I was 14 or 15 so I'll admit that I like a certain amount of it out of nostalgia but I have to tell you I don't think I've ever heard a hair metal album that is a solid piece of work from beginning to end. There are usually a couple of fun tracks and then a whole lot of filler. That's my gripe with hair metal, that it's boring. It has nothing to do with whether the musicians are skilled or not.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote