Music Banter - View Single Post - Terminator Salvation
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
MNChris
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToeAndno View Post
One of the best things of the first two Terminator movies was this future war that we never saw, plus the brief glimpse of the first attacks. That to me was better in my head, not touched upon, an impending doom.

I'm really not thrilled with the prospect of a movie about all this. Bale has gone down in my estimation for even agreeing to do a movie like this. As you said, a poor director as well, I bet the script is pretty dire too.

I prefer the cat-and-mouse of the first two to the *insert generic near future war here* kind of movie.
I agree with that, but that formula got real tired out on the third movie. You can only go with the "send a cyborg back in time to kill a person" story so many times before it gets tired (not to mention the many plot holes that develop when trying to do time traveling stories).

The third movie basically said that the war was inevitable, so if they were going to continue with this movie franchise, then actually fast-forwarding to this future war makes sense. Of course, doing a sci-fi war movie will probably lead to lots of action and little plot.
MNChris is offline   Reply With Quote