Music Banter - View Single Post - Post-Rock Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 07:14 AM   #170 (permalink)
Blue
Music Addict

I just got into a bunch of new post-rock groups recently. I'll list a few of them below.

Anoice - A classically inspired post-rock group
Hammock - A very soft, and warm sounding post-rock group
Yndi Halda - I have yet to give their album a listen actually, but the clips sounds really classically inspired and moving
A Silver Mt. Zion - I have yet to really give them too much of a listen as well, but I've got a couple albums, and will be listening soon.

I'm not sure if they're post-rock per say, but I also started listening to Helios, Bell Orchestre, Fly Pan Am and I got a William Basinski album (The Garden of Brokenness). Everything I've heard from them all has all been absolutely brilliant. Raising Your Voice... Trying To Stop An Echo by Hammock is a really incredible album, and I'd suggest it for any post-rock fan. If you haven't heard of Anoice or Ynda Haldi either, give them a listen.

I guess I'm mainly speaking to jackhammer, since we seem to have similar tastes in a few ways (being serious post-rock and Floyd fans I suppose). If you haven't heard these groups, I urge you to check some of them out.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote