Music Banter - View Single Post - Oh yay, another political thread! (Prop 8, gay marriage stuff)
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #241 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
You missed my point entirelly. I didn't say I supported the Bible or that the tome promoted logical thought now did I? I'm simply saying that people will discriminate and do awful things to one-another even if it isn't fueled by some kind of theistic/polytheistic dogma.

Second, I was also making a point that many people who profess to the Christian faith DO wish to live in peace with other people around them, and that from what I've been reading you appear to be generalizing that just because the Bible seems to encourage racism, sexism, ect in certain passages it entails that all Christians in the world RIGHT NOW follow those passages to the letter, which is not true at all.
I understand it could sound like he's implying that; but my problem (and I think his too) is that people use religion as crutch, as a justification for mean, selfish, bigoted and hateful behavior. There is nothing else in our society people use to justify awful behavior as widely accepted save for addiction and people go to rehab for that. Religion is an good and evil thing plain and simple. People can use it for good and people can use it for evil. The fact is no one "needs" it and it has no place in the life of anyone who doesn't want it in their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote