Music Banter - View Single Post - System of a Down
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #1204 (permalink)
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01
#1 Schuldinist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Because you're wasting everyone's time and that gets on my tits. Plus, you wrote them off as mediocre nu metal from the offset. Most people would and should consider that as an offensive remark. Hence the offensive response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unfan View Post
At least he was right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
And you're a dick. Plus, the critics and the public disagree with you. :\
I normally don't agree with Unfan on most stuff, but I'd hardly consider him being a **** just because he has a higher standard for music than you or I do.

And whether SOAD are truly nu-metal or not, they are a good gateway band for anyone who has started getting into metal. Other than that, I have yet to hear a halfway decent song by them. They're catchy at best. Their instrumentation to me is just not interesting enough. There's no quality in their guitar riffs, and their solos, if any, are unimaginative. The only conceivable reason I would think anyone would listen to them is because their easy on the ears for anyone who likes all that candy-coated-easy-to-swallow vein of metal. Then they go and say "They're experimental." You want experimental? One word; Arcturus.
And taste a memory
Of a time in life
When years seemed to stand still
Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 is offline   Reply With Quote