Music Banter - View Single Post - Instrument of Choice . . .
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 02:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
raghavesh_p
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaVolante View Post
hey! I most definitely recommend you start on the piano OR keyboard. The piano has more keys, thus a larger musical range. However, the keyboard has ways of making learning funner. For example, the keyboard has numerous instruments stored in it's memory. So instead of playing E flat piano, you can play the same keys and the tone of an organ, or a flute will sound from the speakers. But truly, if you want to progress in music. Piano is really the fundamental instrument. It teaches, above all else, in my opinion, so much that you need to know in order to move onto other instruments. I started on piano and keyboard. Then I moved to saxophone, violin, baritone sax, etc. I do not at all regret starting on piano, and believe it would be very difficult to progress fluidly in music without learning it first.

make more music with the keyboard at first. Once you've worked on piano for a while, there is no reason why you can't begin to work on guitar. It's best to learn both clef's on the piano (treble and bass). This really helps!!!

Also, the most popular one... that's a hard question. Guitar is easier to play around with, once you learn the chords you can make random tunes and such. Also, guitar is easier (for chords) to play - some- pop/rock tunes. Keep in mind, I didn't begin playing music on the guitar though. It may be less easy for others who are just beginning.
hi friends thanks a lot for ur reply, i appreciate it very much. i am learning piano on a keyboard. at this point of time i cannot buy anymore new instruments. my future goal in music is to compose music on my own similar to those in movies or atleast i should be able to play all my favorite music available. what is ur advice.

thanks again,
cheers
merry christmas,
raghav
raghavesh_p is offline   Reply With Quote