Music Banter - View Single Post - The Electro-House Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)
bavaro1121
Groupie

For everybody that likes Justice, definitely one of my favorites, I post a concert critique that i have written about the concert they gave last February in Cologne/Germany to give all interested people out there an impression what they are all about! the whole event was f*****g awesome!!!!

Back in the year 2003 the European club scene experienced the new sound of the song “Because we’re your friends”. Two French graphic design students had taken this old song of a British band to reface it much more electronically and participated in the remix competition of a Paris radio station. It was not long until the fascinated fans of electronic music demanded to hear more from the since then unknown electro duo from France.
It took Pedro Winter, the CEO of Ed Bangers labels, not long until he recognized the immense potential of the two French students. Winter, also manager of famous groups like Daft Punk and the Chemical Brothers, made the two citizens of Paris famous and a lot of insiders suppose them to be the successor of the mentioned bands. During their World Tour 2008 the duo stopped in Cologne with the intention to impress the German audience.
As location a former factory site was chosen and it seemed that this was the ideal place for a Justice show. Like from the altar in a church the two French guys, Auge Gaspard and Rosnay Xavier, deliver their electric sound to the fascinated crowd in the “E-Werk’’ in Cologne. In the background of the stage scene shines up a big cross, one of the most evident characteristics in a show of the French duo. The appearance of a big, shiny cross in their stage show derives from their point of view that music has replaced the position and importance of the church for many members of the younger generation.
Right before the appearance of the two French newcomers, DJ Mehdi has the task to heat up the gathering of people in the E-Werk. Also an important member of the French music scene it was him, who made helped the two guys to grow popular by making them preband on his concerts years before. Now that the situation is vice versa, DJ Mehdi does a great job in preparing the fans for the main gig. With a mixture of good house and rock tones he hits exactly the taste of the crowd. But then it was up to the two main actors of the evening to present their fresh mix of house, funk and rock flavored with background tones of baroque classical music and the voices of churchs.Right after DJ Mehdi brought the atmosphere to boil the two superstars appear on the stage.
The crowd is completely excited at this moment and their principal demand is to hear over and over again the most famous song ‘’Never be alone”. The two musicians agree to this wish by playing the catchy tune twice in during the turn of the concert. The popularity of this song maybe derives from the interesting text integrated into it, because in my opinion there are much better songs from this freaky French electric duo. The performance and sound of the song Genesis was in my eyes the absolute highlight of the amazing show. For about an hour the group offers their enthusiastic supporters the finest music out of their repertoire of electric beats. Among the fans you can see lots of people wearing the typical ‘’Justice’’ style outfits with old leather jackets and 70’s pilot glasses.

Thats it hope u enjoyed it a bit! let me know what u think about it and how much u like Justice!
bavaro1121 is offline   Reply With Quote