Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 02:28 PM   #1208 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

1. What's your favorite Christmas Carol?
Hmmm... I'll get back to you on that.
2. What's your favorite Christmas Movie?
Oh dear. All...of them?
3. What's the best Christmas gift you ever received?
My girlfriend in tenth grade gave me none of your business.
4. What's your fondest Christmas memory?
Celebrating Christmas at my grandmother's house when I was little.
5. Are you honestly offended when people say Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas?
No; I'm full aware that other holidays coincide with the timing of Christmas. The phrase today is meant to wish people well during their holiday vacation. Why would that offend me?
6. Were you aware that it wasn't until the latter part of the fourth century that the Roman Church began observing December 25th as Jesus' birthday and that it wasn't until the fifth century that the Church ordered the birth of Jesus to be forever observed on that date and that at the time of this decision the Roman Church knew that the pagan religious cults throughout the Roman and Creek world celebrated the pagan sun god, Mithra on the same day and and that when the Roman Julian Calendar in 46 BC was adopted, December 24th was the shortest day of the year and therefore December 25th was the first annual day that daylight began to increase and thus it was considered the Rebirth of the Sun and that the festival including colored lights (to ward off evil spirits) and gift giving, festive meals and of course decorated trees and that there are at least ten references in the bible warning that these green trees were associated with idolatry and pagan worship and that the alleged claim that Jesus was born on Christmas is false as no Sheppard are roaming the land in the dead of winter and were you also aware that the Scottish church, English church and American puritans all tried to ban Christmas because it's a pagan holiday which is completely true? So in conclusion: in celebrating Christmas you're actually participating in Pagan sacrilege and you're probably going to hell.
Yes, I'm aware that Christmas was moved to December 25 to entice pagans to embrace Christianity. Yes, I'm aware that it has evolved into a materialistic self-deprecating pagan holiday once more. Yes, I'm aware that there is no spiritual connection between people who celebrate a material holiday of gift-giving and receiving. No, I don't feel that this constitutes an invalidation of my soul. Maybe you should evaluate your own reasons why you partake in such a morally incendiary holiday.