Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #195 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

I guess this is why people hate on Zelda nowadays, Nintendo sticks to tradition, but people complain about the lack of freedom in modern Zelda games.

Ironic, considering that Zelda games back in the day offered a great amount of freedom that few other games had, without Zelda sandbox gaming probably wouldn't even exist.

Though I admit, it would be great if there was a lot more to do in Hyrule, I always love the minigames and side quests in Zelda games, as well as all the goodies you can collect. But I feel that with the technology Nintendo has now, the worlds should be bigger and there should be more to do, more dungeons, more places to explore, more side quests, more minigames, more treasures, etc.

One thing that Zelda games do is padding, making it a task in itself just to travel from one place to another, now I like this, it makes the worlds few huge even though the campaign itself isn't terribly long, Wind Waker is a great example of this, and though I loved the way it made you feel like you were actually exploring a big ocean. I wish there was more actual gameplay. This is something I hope future Zelda games will expand upon.

I mean compare the size and freedom of Hyrule to Vice City or San Andreas, the Wii can handle stuff like that, it's more powerful than the PS2, Nintendo should take more advantage of the Wii's power and make a Zelda game where Hyrule is bigger than ever.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote