Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 5 Reasons why MB sucks.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #79 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

3. Musicbanter's Scope

This could seem as a very odd choice to many but bear with me. One of MB'S strengths is also it's weaknesses. Because MB is'nt genre specific, I have noticed many people join to talk about Metal or Reggae but leave fairly quickly because they don't get many replies as the most of the fans who really know their stuff are on other forums that deal exclusively with those genres.

Metalheads rarely hang around these forums for too long as the same old threads/arguments pop up and they would rather be on a forum where there are more like minded people etc. Same for Reggae/Electronica etc. Not always but this forum is catered for those with wide ranging and eclectic tastes and unfortunately there are less of us than there are genre specific fans.

I really don't know what we can do to change this but I am regularly disappointed when new members join and then leave within a few weeks due to lack of response. I could take the mindset that it is no great shakes and that they should'nt be so narrow minded but some people just love one genre only and I would love to benefit from someone who can recommend me some good music for once.

I kind of feel guilty for flaunting my tastes all over the forum but I like to gee up things and lament the lack of new members sometimes.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote