Music Banter - View Single Post - Underrated Failure
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
mr. goth glam
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Incubus are one of my favorite modern bands.

And you know, a big problem I have with your criticisms Big3, is again, it says absolutely nothing about the music.

Now, as for not liking their music, that's understandable, but I'm tired of people that say a band sucks and then try to "prove" it by pointing out that god forbid, the frontman comes off as being a douchebag.

That's a good reason to hate a musician or band on a personal level, NOT a good reason to say they are bad or talentless.

They were never really a nu metal band, but you sport some dreadlocks and have a DJ, well yeah, I know why they got pigeonholed in that category.

To say Incubus are talentless is just plain wrong.

So what? Hoobastank actually are sh*tty, so why not go after them? Does any artist have any f*cking control over what they influence? That's always a lame reason to hate somebody. If it wasn't a lame reason, than REM are objectively one of the worst bands of all time.

So your hatred for the band stems from, their political views? If picking on one of my favorite bands wasn't enough, you somehow turn it into a rant about vegans and feminists, now I of course, hate vegans and feminists, but that's never stopped me from liking Incubus, let alone come across as a good reason to say someone sucks.

I've used the vegan thing before to describe by hate for Morrissey yes, but I've always made it clear that I really only hate him on a personal level (though his solo music is objectively horrible). I'm not gonna say The Smiths suck because their singer likes to be a Nazi about what he eats.

And please, don't target a band for being snobbish about their beliefs and then defend somebody like the f*cking Smiths, who also have one of the most elitist fan followings in the known world.

Well your friend obviously has no understanding of the word emo.

And Incubus never needed to save their career, there was no reason at all for them to change their sound after Make Yourself and Morning View did as well as they did, if anything, their change in sound after that point has alienated a lot of their fans.
Yeah, if people regarded talent according to kindness, John Lennon would be universally regarded as the worst artist of all time.