Music Banter - View Single Post - The Anime/Manga thread
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #133 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfa View Post
HELL NO DBZ is the ultimate shonen manga!!! its got everything! magic, ghosts, aliens, transforming, flying, ki power, martial arts, technology, futuristic setting (yet at the same time a very primitive past setting), ridiculously evil bad guys, extremely ridiculous good guys, antiheroes, your typical heroes, hot babes....the list goes ON AND ON!!!
Bleach has all of that, but it also has characters that are actually worth caring about.

Quote:
the problem i really have with ichigo is that even tho he trains, he never actually SEEMS to get stronger.
Are you kidding me? Have you seen the whole soul society arc? His Bankai is ridiculously powerful, and more recently he's finally been able to use the powers from his Hollow side, which makes him even stronger. Ichigo's problem isn't that he's weak (he wouldn't have Bankai if he was), but rather that he's always fighting the most ridiculously overpowered opponents imaginable, yet he still ends up defeating them through sheer will power. Ichigo's trademark is his persistance, a usual trait for heroes, but you're making it out like that's a flaw, I don't get that.

Quote:
i'm definately over the "i have resolve now" and then his ass getting pounded into the ground. and right now there are just a bunch of pointless battles going on. i only read it sporadically because i get bored.
Well I enjoyed some of the recent battles. And the whole Nel twist really caught me by surprise. But yeah the whole Szayel fight was needlessly dragging on.

However I think the reason they pull crap like that is so they keep the Anime from catching up with where the Manga's at right now, since everytime they do they have to do filler arcs to make the time.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote