Music Banter - View Single Post - Yes- it's my list of favourite albums thread
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #104 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Iron Maiden - Live After Death (1985)

So this is where it all starts. Fourteen years old, parents close to splitting (they did 3 months after I discovered this album) and a typical teenager adrift and directionless. A chance in depth conversation with a casual school friend about his choice of music on his Sony Walkman produced a friendship now into it's 22nd year, quite possibly the reason why I am posting on this very forum and a Tattoo on the base of my neck!

Every single tick, background chant and song intro is indelibly marked on my brain from this double live album which (even without the emotional baggage) is one of the finest live Metal albums ever and a superlative example of a band at their absolute peak.

I don't expect kudos points with me including this album but that does'nt matter. Music should primarily be about you the listener and the context that you view it in. 'Live After Death' is the most important album to me by far and that has'nt seemed to change over 20 years later. An album I will treasure and hold dear to me.. and Eddie is cool as fuck!

Album opener:

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”