Music Banter - View Single Post - No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Default No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)

Israel launches deadly Gaza attacks | World news | guardian.co.uk

This is probably the best article I could find on it, every other article clearly has an Israeli bias and makes sure to state that the US approves of what they're doing and they always fail to mention that this "provoked action" was because of another "provoked action" ad infinitum and it all amounts to "my god is bigger than your god!"

My other favorite things about this article though:
Quote:
Many were members of the security forces of the Islamic group Hamas, but civilians were also killed.
Which makes it an acceptable act right?

Quote:
Despite the warnings, the timing and scale of the assault came as a surprise to many residents of Gaza. The raids had been expected to begin tomorrow, and the fact that they took place mid-morning rather than at night meant many official buildings and schools were full. Some of the missiles struck densely populated areas as children were leaving school. Parents rushed into the streets to search for them.
The very best part, gotta love Israel eh?

Quote:
Hamas said it would seek revenge, including launching new rocket attacks on Israel and sending suicide bombers to Israel. "Hamas will continue the resistance until the last drop of blood," said a Hamas spokesman, Fawzi Barhoum, speaking on a Gaza radio station.
YAY!

Quote:
One man sat in the middle of a street in Gaza City close to a security compound, slapping his face and covering his head with dust from the bombed-out building. "My son is gone, my son is gone," said Sadi Masri, 57. The shopkeeper said he sent his son out to buy cigarettes minutes before the air strikes and could not find him. "May I burn like the cigarettes, may Israel burn," Masri said.
Yeah you're definitely the horrible persecuted victims here Israel.

The best part of this though IS America's approval:

Quote:
The Foreign Office said it was "deeply concerned by the reports of deaths and injuries of innocent civilians" in Gaza. A spokesman said: "The only way to achieve peace in Gaza is through peaceful means. While we understand the Israeli government's obligation to protect its population we urge maximum restraint to avoid further civilian casualties. We also call on militants in the Gaza Strip to immediately cease all rocket attacks on Israel."

The United States urged Israel to avoid civilian casualties, although it did not call for an end to the Israeli strikes. "Hamas's continued rocket attacks into Israel must cease if the violence is to stop. Hamas must end its terrorist activities if it wishes to play a role in the future of the Palestinian people," said a White House spokesman, Gordon Johndroe. "The United States urges Israel to avoid civilian casualties as it targets Hamas in Gaza."
I don't understand why were the one nation who can't join the "Hey Israel Bombs Aren't Going To End the Conflicts" brigade. The violence is completely self-perpetuating there and won't stop unless someone there decides to be the bigger man which isn't going to happen because only one religion can be right (shame they're both wrong) the best way to figure out which is right is through murder.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote