Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 06:38 PM   #1864 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Please, the criticism this film gets is drab and shows how much people are missing the point. It has an overabundance of style which is what was desperately needed to make a cartoon work on the big screen and it was brilliantly achieved by maintaining its original anime vibe with an added new-millenium cool retro tang, which they and Tarantino practically invented. It is the perfect adaptation of anime to screen which is why it gets a 10/10. I love everything they've done though, as well as Tarantino whom I consider their closest (or only) contemporary counterpart. I consider them both the most interesting and innovative American filmmakers of the past 2 decades. :|
What is this Tarantino fetish? He's a geek who got lucky. He has'nt produced a movie in the last ten years with anything approaching the emotional resonance of a Shane Meadows or the cool factor of a Robert Rodriguez. All image and no substance does not make a good film and Speed Racer fails big time. Each to their own but the views i have recieved about my choices are perplexing ATM. BOTH my sons think Speed Racer is boring and all style over substance.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote