Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the best thing that happened to you in 2008?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 10:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

Strange year this 2008 thing... basically it changed a pattern for me that I'd been in since moving to the States from Australia three years ago. My wife was the main income earner, and I helped out with the kids etc to save on day care, etc... I also worked in a grocery store.

Well this year I was lucky enough to resume working in the education industry (where i was working prior to moving here) and my wife stopped working altogether, so the roles were kinda reversed... except I started working my old job and my new one simultaneously...

So its been exhausting, rewarding, complex and somewhat interesting, but altogether, I have acheived alot this year... a really conflicted year with alot of great stuff and difficult stuff all rolled into one...