Music Banter - View Single Post - New here but not to posting...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

Smile New here but not to posting...

Hey there, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself - I have been looking around for forums for some time, and I am hoping this one satisfies my needs...

I have been posting on message boards for some time - I used to be one of the ten most active posters on Rollingstone.com's boards back in the day before they suspended their service. That community tried to stay together, but found too many differences and not enough cohesion to stay together and splintered into a range of different boards...

I still frequent one of the splinter groups, but recently have found it pretty unsatisfying, with a fairly stagnant posting group and a lack of differing opinions and a "clque" mentality that is direct oppostion to good, challenging discussion...

So i am kinda hoping to guage what people are like here, hopefully get involved in some good discussions and learn sokmething new, or get a new perspecitve... should be fun!

Basically, to fill in my personal details, i am an ex - pat Australian living in the US - I married the love of my life who has lived here in Wisconsin all her life - she'd dearly love to move to Australia to live but she has a 9 year old son who wants to see his Dad, so you just can't stand in the way of that. I also have two daughters, whom I love dearly.

Musically I love my prog rock - early Genesis, Pink Floyd in particular. I lean towards the independent / indie side of things in terms of newer bands, and I have an avid interest in the Australian music scene still...

I absolutely adore anything by the Church, R.E.M, Peter Gabriel and David Bridie, an Australian singer songwriter / amazing individual...

I hope to get to know people here and enjoy some good dialogue!

Last edited by scottsy; 12-27-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: text errors
scottsy is offline   Reply With Quote