Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:17 PM   #264 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

I always preferred Blur over Oasis... at first it was the fact that Blur basically had the melodies, sound and subject matter that I was more interested in. Then when Oasis got big it became such a bloated parody of a good rock band, with over repeated lyrics and riffs, songs that ran on too long, overstreched concepts and just plain dumb meatheaded or totally nonsensical lyrics...

"Slowly walking down the hall, faster than a cannonball"

What the **** is that meant to mean anyways?

The whole Gallagher brothers fighting with each other thing was just frickin' stupid as well, and pointless... then everyone except the brothers got sacked and it all became a great big sham.

Look, Blur's career wasn't perfectly cohesive either... their self titled album, I thought, was a bit wanting for quality material - but they hit back with great stuff like 13 and Think Tank, both excellent, cerebral, experimental pop albums, with intelligence and clear signs of musical progression.

And the best thing about Blur? When it all stopped working for them, they packed it in and didn't **** up a good legacy.

Meanwhile Oasis trudge along recycling the same old sentiments and dried out tired riffs, and with each album delcare they've "regained the spirit of their earlier days". Bull****. They sound as tired as they did on their last release...

Yeah, i really don't like Oasis that much... :-S