Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Three Albums?- Any Genre
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

1. Larks' Tongues in Aspic by King Crimson -- I love the group to death in all their incarnations, but this jewel of an album defined their dark, percussive beauty to me in a way that makes it seem insurmountable ever though its been over 30 years. Highly recommended and at the top of my 3 for a reason.

2. Houses of the Holy by Led Zeppelin -- Often considered to be a step down by even casual listeners, I'm actually of the opinion that this album is their finest work by far, as they actually began to experiment beyond what was convenient. No Quarter, D'yer Mak'er, Rain Song, Over the Hills and Far Away....all special to me in equally important ways.

3. Script For A Jester's Tear by Marillion -- The album that began the Neo-Prog era back in the good ol' 80's, and undoubtedly the best. This baby showed me a whole new side of things I tell ya! The titular track and He Knows You Know give the record a strong opening, but when you throw in a godlike sprawler like Grendel on the B-side and the killer slow-burn of something like Charting the Single, you have something cool indeed.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote