Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 AM   #1870 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
What is this Tarantino fetish? He's a geek who got lucky. He has'nt produced a movie in the last ten years with anything approaching the emotional resonance of a Shane Meadows or the cool factor of a Robert Rodriguez. All image and no substance does not make a good film and Speed Racer fails big time. Each to their own but the views i have recieved about my choices are perplexing ATM. BOTH my sons think Speed Racer is boring and all style over substance.
I'm not one for film debate really. I can talk and even argue music to my hearts content but while I enjoy film I simply don't care enough to debate it so I'm not gonna say too much. However I've heard the opinions on both side on the fence for QT and he is simply like the Marmite of cinema. He's often worshipped yet some people can't stand his ****ing guts. Theres usually more people on one side of the fence to such a degree than there are in the middle who DONT have an opinion on Tarantino.

I've always enjoyed film and TV with fantastic dialogue and the script for me tends to be more important than anything else so I love QT but obviously the dialogue in his films isnt enough for everyone and therefore these people can start to pick at his weaknesses. Its simple really. At least thats what I've always thought.

I did my media coursework back in college on QT, by the way so I'm a bit of a fan.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote