Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 AM   #266 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

My Oasis critique may have been a bit misinformed - and your reply was not in the least bit arsey, so its cool!

Andyou reminded me that I think Blur are reuniting in some form or another - not sure about any new material or anything or if it was just for a few performances or a tour? I'd need to find out more about that one!

I think my original post kinda obscured the point that I think Oasis kinda stuck to their guns, stayed fairly true to a particular style and experimented a little less, particularly in later albums...

I think my point about the Gallagher brothers and their in fighting might have also been invalidated by the fact that Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon were known to have a good public scratching match too...

It's interesting to see that this topic ctually stills garners some response though - I work with teenagers and I am betting if you mention both these bands to them they'd probably shrug their shoulders and say "who?"