Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
DJ Phoenix
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daren/MRI View Post
That's right thank you for reminding me. They are almost as irrelevant as Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, NWA, RunDMC, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Hendrix, The Doors, The Beatles, and Elvis.

Thank God for the Jonas Brothers, Kanye West and Miley Cyrus to indemnify us from ever listening to irrelevant music again.
Well, I wasnt saying it to be a ****, i was simply saying that by now, no one cares, b/c they havent been relevant, or released anything good in about 15 years.

Shame on you for even putting them in the same sentence w/those other bands you mentioned. AIC weren't "innovators" or "Godfathers of grunge" or anything else someone will claim them to be. Just another, in a long line of bands, thay had their day in the sun. Sad to say that once their singer died, seems the band did too.

By the way, I wouldn't claim that Miley Cyrus/Kanye Waste/or the Jonas brothers have an ounce of talent, especially musically, in their bodies. I'm sure I'm in the minority saying that, but it';s true. Selling records to little kids doesn't make you great, nor does it qualify you to be a huge SS.

Nirvana going out and finding a new singer and calling themselves "Nirvana" wouldn't work, you know it, I do, and many who post here do. So, why try to re-create something you know won't work before you begin?
DJ Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote