Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
scottsy
Untalented Drummer

I never even knew Alice in Chains was reforming with a new lead singer in DuVall... I guess if he's good they'll at least maintain their strong and fairly rabid fan base.

I gotta say though that once groups disband and reform, it probably takes them a little while to regain the momentum they had in their heyday.

The Smashing Pumpkins "reunion" (it was really only Corgan and Chamberlin) sounds like a good idea and Zeitgeist was actually a pretty solid Pumpkins album, albeit a little pared back and conservative... but I think its going to take another album or two to get the wheels rolling freely again.

The same with some other "reformed" faves of mine- for example Crowded House... Time on Earth was a great album, but had Neil Finn solo record written all over it. I expect the next one will sound more cohesive and "band album" like.

Reformations CAN work, I think, if the artists are dedicated and aren't just cashing in on the nameplate... so if real passion and a desire to be the "band" once again are fueling the AIC reformation fire - then it could be a VERY good thing.

I for one actually miss them a fair bit.