Music Banter - View Single Post - Looking at some used drum sets.
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ambient
Groupie

Post Looking at some used drum sets.

Hi,

I'm new to drumming. I've played guitar for six years and will continue, but found interest in drums recently. I'm looking at some used sets and these are within my price range (give/take), but I want to know which one is the best deal. I don't know much about drums, except that the standard kit has 5 pieces and that Zildjian and Sabian cymbals are the best in durability. I'd like a professional's opinion based on the information provided as to which kit would be the best buy.

Thank you,
Nish

This guy's giving me everything pictured for $375, but doesn't know what kind of drum set it is. It comes with all the drums, cymbals (Zildjian), a throne, mufflers, and drum sticks.:

This guy's selling just the drums for $350, but they look very nice. It's a Gretsch Catalina drum set with the plastic still over the logo apparently.:

This is a Rhythm Traveler with the head replacements of Evans Genera Dry on the snare, Aquarian Performance II on the toms, Evans Emed with dampener ring on the kick. It has a Slingerland foot pedal and a Sabian 14" B8 hi-hat set, Zildjian Schimitar 20" rock ride, and a Zildjian Avedis 14" fast crash cymbal. It also has a Spitfire by Slingerland double-braced cymbal stand. It's being sold for $425.:

This also doesn't have a specified model, but the owner is selling this Ludwig drum set for $310.:

Ambient is offline   Reply With Quote