Music Banter - View Single Post - William DuVall: new Alice In Chains singer
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
daren/MRI
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post

Whenever I think of Queen without Freddie Mercury or Guns and Roses without slash, I think it all sounds like a bit of a farce...
exactly. & don't even get me started on Chinese Democracy ;p Best Buy was foolish to pre-purchase 1.5 million copies. I think they have only sold about 75,000... the new slash-less GnR sounds like my friends playing with ProTools while tripping. It's really awful...and I love Axl and loved GnR but Chi Dem is such a departure from anything we ever associated with GnR..Axl should have renamed the band...it would have had such a better marketing potential. Its fate was sealed by calling it a GnR album. The fans didn't think so. Also, Axl is completely psycho, unstable & agoraphobic now thus hampering any sort of organized marketing plan for the release.

A great contrast is the latest AC/DC album which already went platinum ( over 1,000,000 sold in first three weeks of release ) Black Ice proves the tried and true adage that you don't try to fix something that isn't broken. AC/DC has basically been putting out the same album for 20 years...but that is what fan expexct when they purchase an AC/DC cd..balls to the wall rock and roll.... imagine putting out an AC/DC album with all synths and loops and samples...fans would revolt big time. This is precisely what happened with GnR and Chi Dem

Hear MRI on Mix Radio
daren/MRI is offline   Reply With Quote