Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur or Oasis
Thread: Blur or Oasis
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #268 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
My Oasis critique may have been a bit misinformed - and your reply was not in the least bit arsey, so its cool!

Andyou reminded me that I think Blur are reuniting in some form or another - not sure about any new material or anything or if it was just for a few performances or a tour? I'd need to find out more about that one!

I think my original post kinda obscured the point that I think Oasis kinda stuck to their guns, stayed fairly true to a particular style and experimented a little less, particularly in later albums...

I think my point about the Gallagher brothers and their in fighting might have also been invalidated by the fact that Damon Albarn and Graham Coxon were known to have a good public scratching match too...

It's interesting to see that this topic ctually stills garners some response though - I work with teenagers and I am betting if you mention both these bands to them they'd probably shrug their shoulders and say "who?"
Well, thats certainly true!

Blur are playing Hyde Park in London for sure but I'm not sure if they're doing anything else.
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote