Music Banter - View Single Post - Drive-by Truckers
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
rev. flying v
Groupie

heres what hood has to say about his solo stuff:
"The reasons why it hasn’t come out have more to do with music business bull**** than anything else. Right now, we’ve got a new record out and that’s what I’m focused on for the next year. But when we get done touring and get some time off, that’ll be the time to do something with it.

It’s something that I’m really proud of. My dad plays on it and my friends from Centro-matic are all over it. It was a group of songs that were written before this band came together and then I wrote some songs to go with those songs. So it is what it is.

I don’t think of it as having a solo career because this band is my career and I love this band. But it was a really fun thing to do while waiting around the house for my daughter to be born. I’m proud of it and at some point it will see the light of day. "
interview is from popmatters.com

and indeed, lucero is a great band from memphis. i saw them play a coupla times over there, and coincidentally, i stumbled into some tiny amsterdam bar this summer where, lo and behold, they were playing! a nice surprise, to say the least. if you like them, check out the band further down, from arkansas. their single 'what you say' is their only radio-friendly song on their latest album '7 years hard luck.' their other tunes, like 'black and bleach' and 'cactus in the sand' are much more kickin'. they just played a few shows with .38 special in texas, too. but yeah, they certainly are NOT country...

but back to dbt...anyone catch them on tour with the hold steady? how was it?