Music Banter - View Single Post - No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
spark10036
locomotive power

if the palestinians had any other way to react except from suicide bombings I would be cheering for them

maybe I put this down the wrong way...I mean if they reacted in other ways than suicide bombings. I'm against them, cause except from usually killing other innocent people, you actually kill yourself, which is not smart actually...die in battle, that's noble, but blowing yourself up with the hope that you take others with you, that's stupid imo. and ProggyMan, I would like to believe I'm educated in this matters cause I actually live in the middle-east, and what ever happens Gaza effects my country as well. if there is one thing I strongly believe, is that apathy, equals tolerance and tolerance to evil means guilt, and I honestly believe that their are politicians in Israel which are evil. also I believe is a crime against the arabs of Palestine that they were forced to give half of their country in the first place to the jews of europe, just because their was an ancient story, which might be true that they used to live there, and it's also a crime that the jewish for the last 50 years have been trying to get the other half as well. what's next the greeks will claim turkey cause up until 1500s it used to be a part of greece? I live in Cyprus which is divited since 1974 so I'll tell you, situations like this suck, and it sucks even more when every once in a while you are threatened with war. Palestinians have my sympathy because I believe in their struggle and their claim, and I feel that the ones who don't want peace are the israelis.

and now I'm quoting hamas' officials:

"Our conflict with you is not religious but political. We have no problem with Jews who have not attacked us — our problem is with those who came to our land, imposed themselves on us by force, destroyed our society and banished our people."

"The Hamas movement is prepared to stop terror against Israeli civilians if Israel stops killing Palestinian civilians ... We have told (Palestinian Authority Prime Minister) Abu Mazen in our meetings that there is an opportunity to stop targeting Israeli civilians if the Israelis stop assassinations and raids and stop brutalizing Palestinian civilians."

"Our message to the Israelis is this: We do not fight you because you belong to a certain faith or culture. Jews have lived in the Muslim world for 13 centuries in peace and harmony; they are in our religion "the people of the book" who have a covenant from God and his messenger, Muhammad (peace be upon him), to be respected and protected."

spark10036 is offline   Reply With Quote