Music Banter - View Single Post - No, it is you that is wrong (Israeli-Palestinian Conflict)
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
ProggyMan
Reformed Jackass

Quote:
maybe I put this down the wrong way...I mean if they reacted in other ways than suicide bombings. I'm against them, cause except from usually killing other innocent people, you actually kill yourself, which is not smart actually...die in battle, that's noble, but blowing yourself up with the hope that you take others with you, that's stupid imo.
So you support the killing of innocent Israeli? I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Quote:
and ProggyMan, I would like to believe I'm educated in this matters cause I actually live in the middle-east, and what ever happens Gaza effects my country as well.
Fair enough, that was speculation on my part.

Quote:
if there is one thing I strongly believe, is that apathy, equals tolerance and tolerance to evil means guilt, and I honestly believe that their are politicians in Israel which are evil.
What are you saying? The Israeli civilians should be killed because they don't go up in armed rebellion?

Quote:
also I believe is a crime against the arabs of Palestine that they were forced to give half of their country in the first place to the jews of europe, just because their was an ancient story, which might be true that they used to live there, and it's also a crime that the jewish for the last 50 years have been trying to get the other half as well. what's next the greeks will claim turkey cause up until 1500s it used to be a part of greece? I live in Cyprus which is divited since 1974 so I'll tell you, situations like this suck, and it sucks even more when every once in a while you are threatened with war. Palestinians have my sympathy because I believe in their struggle and their claim, and I feel that the ones who don't want peace are the israelis.
The original plan was just and fair, the refugees from the Holocaust needed a home and there was room in Israel. There were other motives for creating a state of Israel besides ancient fairy tales. From the moment Israel became a country it has been under attack, I don't see how you can simply say the Israeli's are the ones who don't want peace. Like I said before, there are religuous fundamentalists on both sides who won't rest until the 'Holy Land' is free of 'infidels'. Both sides are at fault, and the only ones who deserve your sympathy are the innocent civilians caught in the middle.

Quote:
"Our conflict with you is not religious but political. We have no problem with Jews who have not attacked us — our problem is with those who came to our land, imposed themselves on us by force, destroyed our society and banished our people."
If this was true of evryone on both sides then there would be no conflict. Sadly that will likely never be the case.
ProggyMan is offline   Reply With Quote